Thread: Spam

Thumbs down Spam

Over the last several days I have received numerous unsolicited SPAM in my private messages and personal emails from the following members on <www.emsresponder.com>.

LadyXAdmin
    Unloantfrauff
    choitioft
    WromsAnerne
    befSheareHell
    LipnonSmons
    uneteremy
    Preenoimmorce
    Sizaccirl
    estittydivA
    BorphowsGow

Default ditto

Have also received several "spam" from members of the above-mentioned list, mostly related to ITunes offers. Just recently however, I got another pair from "LadyXAdmin" perporting to be a virus alert...

>Dear, ChiefDog;NorthboundFF;J. Perez;JBROWNL8;NEOgreg!

>A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
    >We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus >check at our site immediately: >http://antivirus.effectmeds.com/ChiefDog;NorthboundFF;J. Perez;JBROWNL8>;NEOgreg
    >----------------------------------------------------
    >Sincerely, Forum Administration www.emsmagazine.com.

>LadyXAdmin
    >View Public Profile
    >Send a private message to LadyXAdmin
    >Send email to LadyXAdmin
    >Find all posts by LadyXAdmin
    >Add LadyXAdmin to Your Buddy List

I thanked the nice "administrator" for the warning and said that I didn't need any new anti-virus softwear...
    No good deed goes unpunished

Quote Originally Posted by NEOgreg View Post
    Have also received several "spam" from members of the above-mentioned list, mostly related to ITunes offers. Just recently however, I got another pair from "LadyXAdmin" perporting to be a virus alert...

>Dear, ChiefDog;NorthboundFF;J. Perez;JBROWNL8;NEOgreg!

>A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
    >We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus >check at our site immediately: >http://antivirus.effectmeds.com/ChiefDog;NorthboundFF;J. Perez;JBROWNL8>;NEOgreg
    >----------------------------------------------------
    >Sincerely, Forum Administration www.emsmagazine.com.

>LadyXAdmin
    >View Public Profile
    >Send a private message to LadyXAdmin
    >Send email to LadyXAdmin
    >Find all posts by LadyXAdmin
    >Add LadyXAdmin to Your Buddy List

I thanked the nice "administrator" for the warning and said that I didn't need any new anti-virus softwear...
    Now I can add "LadyROOT" to the list ...word for word, the same message as from "LadyXAdmin" re. my virus status.

I just PM'd the Webteam with my issues. I'd recommend the same if anyone else is experiencing these "helpful" messages (hopefully the WT here is more hands-on than that of FH.com).

same team here too

Quote Originally Posted by mil1982 View Post
    same team here too
    Great!

I just sent wt another "notification" that just came in my PM's from the ever helpful "LadyROOT"...

(won't be holding my breath on reading anything from the wt on this issue I guess...)

(btw, I also added Ms XAdmin and Ms ROOT to my "Ignore" list...let's see if they have any "sisters"...)
    Last edited by NEOgreg; 01-20-2010 at 09:43 AM.

Default The Web Team lives!

From the Web Team today...

Thank you very much for alerting us to the issue. We have taken appropriate action for the issue reported and we are also looking at ways to improve our system and spam filters. This issue has happened to others as some spammers claimed to be in the industry and once they were no longer moderated they start their spamming practices. We are doing everything we can to resolve it. Please continue to report any SPAM PM's that you receive or SPAM threads/posts that you encounter as your assistance is very much approeciated. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your continued support of emsresponder.com.

Keep up the good work!