Question emt-b practice scenarios ....?

Im looking for anyone who might know where i can find practice scenarios just so i can print them off and read threw them when im not doing anything. just anything that has a scenario somthing like what i would get on a call and what i see when i show up. my old teacher had some stuff but most of it was paramedic level and im not just ready for that yet. any help would be great.

Thanks
    Sincerely
    Snowx187

This has always given me a laugh as well as the occasional something to think about.....

Cool

The thing with scenarios is not what you know. If you've made it that far, then you probably know your stuff. BSI, scene safe, ABCD in less than 2 mins. ....then on to assessment and interventions with a 10 min. on-scene time. The times may vary according to your local protocols and standing orders. You will feel some pressure with the time limits but that'll go away with practice.
    Instructors can add to the stress, as well as unprepared partners (you can't slap 'em, but they deserve it!!!).
    Evaluators can add throw $hit into the scenario...remember, once you've controlled any life threatening conditions, fix it when you find it...and ugly doesn't always mean serious.
    Most textbooks have scenarios in them and they are very, very similar to what you may see in a practical eval. It's all about practice, practice, practice!!! You should ask your instructors for some practice time. It definitely makes a difference when the evals come around.
    The NREMT eval criteria can be found at

http://www.nremt.org/EMTServices/exa...1#BSkillSheets

My observations as an instructor:
    *Some evaluators are big on verbalizing. I failed a practical several years ago because I didn't verbalize "airway" even though the conscious and alert patient was talking to me in complete sentences.
    *SAMPLE can be AMPLES, MAPLES, PLEAMS, SLAPEM, or whatever.
    *I still can never remember OPQRST when it comes eval time.
    *KED is not applied properly...remember, it has padding and straps are adjustable. ...or student fails to check PMS before and after. This is a BLS skill and I've evaluated BLS and ALS students with the same failure rate.
    *Student fails to check PMS after applying splint.
    *"Load and go" does not mean wait for ALS to get there.
    *The student treats something not important, or overlooks or ignores something important. A simple abrasion is not important on a trauma patient.
    *Student fails to request ALS when required by protocols...or requests ALS when it's a simple BLS scenario. Know the ALS criteria...unconscious, uncontrolled bleeding, internal bleed, etc.
    *If you make a mistake, go back and correct it!!!
    *Ignore the "horror" stories, but listen close when another student says, "I forgot..."

Hope it helps. Good luck.

haha i was taking the medic scenario and I almost told the proctor im going to call for ALS....good thing I thought before I spoke =P

Paramedic scenarios should be good for EMT's. Do whats in your scope and your ok....assuming ALS is too far away etc etc. Combitube and hit the gas baby

Quote Originally Posted by snowx187 View Post
    Im looking for anyone who might know where i can find practice scenarios just so i can print them off and read threw them when im not doing anything. just anything that has a scenario somthing like what i would get on a call and what i see when i show up. my old teacher had some stuff but most of it was paramedic level and im not just ready for that yet. any help would be great.

Thanks
    Sincerely
    Snowx187
    I'm obviously a little late to reply, but I feel I should share this link with you anyways. It's great for studying or to refresh your skills.

http://www.emtb.com/9e/